Infrared is a naturally occurring output of the sun, but does not contain the harmful UV rays associated with unprotected sunlight. Infrared heat is completely safe and healthy for all living things. In fact, infrared’s gentle heat is used in hospitals to warm newborn infants. You can be exposed to infrared light for hours without the risk of burning.
Because infrared heats the body directly rather than simply warming the air, it raises the core body temperature and produces a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where most toxins reside. In addition, far infrared saunas aid in blood pressure reduction & weight loss, burning up to 600 calories in one session!
Sunlighten's far infrared technology, Solocarbon®, is the only infrared heater on the market clinically shown to raise core temperature nearly 3 degrees. What does this mean for your health? You will experience the most detoxifying sweat, lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure and aid in weight loss through waistline reduction.
Infrared Sports Therapy
There are two main ways that top athletes use infrared therapy in their physical conditioning routines, as a way to treat injuries and as a way to recover after stressful workouts. Many injuries occur due to overuse or misuse. This often results in lacerations, sprains and muscle fatigue. The body becomes stressed due to injury. Far Infrared therapy is an excellent way to provide deep heating relief from pain.
The use of far infrared is an excellent way to end a day of sports training. It stimulates blood flow to overcome muscle fatigue and relaxes the body after a strenuous workout. Infrared therapy helps the muscles and joints recover and strengthen while enhancing future endurance capabilities. For best results, schedule treatments three times a week as a part of a physical conditioning maintenance program.
For any athlete, no matter how often you participate in sports, infrared therapy is the key to staying healthy and performing at your optimum. With the safe, relaxing pain relief of infrared, it just makes sense to make it a regular part of your training and recovery program.
- Relieve Pain: Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, and speeds up recovery time.
- Improve Circulation: Infrared sauna treatments are like giving your body a passive cardiovascular workout. Heating the muscles with infrared rays produces an increase in blood flow similar to that seen during exercise. Regular infrared sauna use can significantly stimulate blood flow up to twice the normal rate.
- Heal Wounds: Infrared therapy greatly enhances the healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Only Sunlighten saunas are backed by clinical research that shows a reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Both are key factors in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Cell Health: Infrared sauna therapy stimulates the circulatory system and more fully oxygenate the body’s cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
- Detox: Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal and stay healthy. Far infrared sauna use causes a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
- Weight Loss: Studies have shown that a far infrared sauna therapy session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories. In fact, a 2009 study showed Sunlighten far infrared therapy to lower weight and waist circumference in just a three-month period.